Jackie Emerson talked with  Emory Wheel about her The Hunger Games experience. You can read the entire article Here.


“I actually had a scene with [Tucci] and I just about died when he got cast,” Emerson explained. “I can’t believe I am going to be in a scene, documented forever, with one of my favorite actors of all time, who is such a big inspiration to me,” Emerson said.

In addition to Lawrence and Tucci, many other well-known actors appear in the movie, including leading men Josh Hutcherson (“The Kids Are All Right”), who portrays Peeta Mellark, the male competitor from District 12 and Liam Hemsworth (“The Last Song”), who plays Gale Hawthorne, Katniss Everdeen’s best friend.

On working with such prominent stars, Emerson recalls, “I got to watch them in their element and do scenes with them and see how they did it. I felt like I learned bucket loads.”

Despite being thrust into a new life of fame, Emerson insists she is still just another high school senior with plans for college and beyond.

“I’m definitely going to college,” Emerson, who recently accepted early decision to Stanford University, declared.

However, she plans to take a gap year and “hone [her] craft” before beginning her career at Stanford.

In the face of her newfound fame, however, she still manages to remain humble.

“Right now, this is what’s happening and in a month, that may not be what’s happening at all. I may not be going to any events and I may just be hanging with my school friends and that’s totally fine with me as well,” she said.

To Emerson, her experience with “The Hunger Games” is “just all part of a journey,” and what a fun and exciting journey she has ahead of her.