About.com spoke with Josh Hutcherson about upcoming movie Detention and The Hunger Games! Will you be seeing Detention?  My favorite line was about kissing Jennifer Lawrence:)



Hutcherson – currently impressing audiences as ‘Peeta’ in the blockbuster hit, The Hunger Games - talked about taking on the lead role in Detentionand his job as executive producer on the project. He also talked about skateboarding, being homeschooled, figuring out how to ground his character in reality while crazy things happen around him, and, of course, even a little bit about one of 2012′s biggest films, The Hunger Games.
Were there any references in the movie that you think audiences might not get?
Josh Hutcherson: ”There were definitely some references that are very specific. There are a few that I myself didn’t get and that, I think, is what makes this movie really unique. I think there are a few people out there that will get them, and that will make it even more special for them. The important thing is that a lot of it is references that people will get, and then for those special few out there, they get bonus references on the side.”
Detention has the potential to be a horror comedy version of The Breakfast Club. What are your thoughts on that?
Josh Hutcherson: ”I think it definitely references The Breakfast Club, for sure. I think this movie has so many different things happening in it – pretty much every genre that exists. To me, it’s like Back to the Future mixed with The Breakfast Club mixed with Scream. Those are kind of three that I feel this movie is represented by.”
Are you an avid skateboarder in real life or did you just do that for the movie?
Josh Hutcherson: ”I don’t really do it much. I can. It apparently helped that I had some skateboarding history for the film. But I definitely stepped it up quite a bit when it came time to film. But I actually had to ride a unicycle for the movie; there’s one shot where I go down the hallway in the high school and I took a few weeks to really train hard to get the unicycle down pat.”
Between The Hunger Games and Detention you’ve done a lot of fighting for your life recently onscreen. Have you picked up any real life skills?
Josh Hutcherson: ”Oh yeah, for sure. I learn something new with every single role. I think that with Detention I learned that in high school although there’s different types of people and cliques and whatnot, I think that everybody has their problems. So, many not so much about survival but I definitely learned more about myself as a person.”
Are you and Jennifer Lawrence going to beat Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart at the MTV Movie Awards in the Best Kiss category?
Josh Hutcherson: [Laughing] “I don’t know anything about that. It was a good kiss, I’m not going to lie. We’ll see what happens. I’m not sure.”
What were the highlights of your Hunger Games tour?
Josh Hutcherson: ”I mean, the traveling has been crazy. The mall tour was absolute madness. Just seeing all the fans and just seeing how passionate they were, that was definitely a highlight for me.”
Source: Hggirlonfire.com