Although we have already selected the song suggestion of the week, we decided to do a special segment on our most commonly suggested song suggestions.

If I Die Young is the type of song that everybody recommends (a bit like how Alex Pettyfer pops up everywhere). Sometimes they put Katniss with the song, but more often Prim or Rue. While this song is haunting and beautiful, I do not believe it is right for The Hunger Games. The lines about satin, rivers, and roses eliminate it from Hunger Games song suggestions. The tone of the song does not go well enough.

"If I die young bury me in satin, lay me down in a bed of roses, sink me in a river". (If I Die Young, Band Perry)
Satin: Expensive and not likely something Prim or Rue would ask for.
 Roses: Do I have to explain?
 Rivers: It could fit but....

 For some reason Taylor Swift seems to be stealing Katniss, Peeta's, and Gale's diaries. A LOT of her songs go with The Hunger Games in one way or another, but Long Live gets suggested most often. While Taylor Swift is an exceptional role model and Safe and Sound is amazing...A LOT of her works are too sweet and does not go with The Hunger Games.

Note: Change and Haunted are on  our song suggestions page.


Fences by Paramore is our most suggested song. We think Fences is a great song for The Hunger Games. Fences seems to describe Katniss Everdeen perfectly.