Gary Ross talked with Collider about Catching Fire, and The Hunger Games DVD Release. He says he probably will not include deleted scenes in the DVD version.You can read the entire story Here.

Steve: Do you have a favorite movie, actor and director?
Gary Ross: God, a favorite? No. I have some favorites. I love Chaplin; I mean I really love Chaplin. I just think there’s a grace and an elegance that’s almost never been matched. Obviously I love The Godfather movies, I think they’re phenomenal.

Even the third?
Ross: No (laughs). I really don’t like the third. I meant the first two. I love A Bicycle Thief. I love almost all of Stanley Kubrick, there’s almost no Stanley Kubrick I don’t love. I love Lolita, I love Dr. Strangelove. I love A Clockwork Orange, obviously. I even like a lot of Barry Lyndon (laughs). And early stuff, like The Killing and Paths of Glory.

He’s on another level.
Ross: It’s ridiculous. Look, he made the best comedy ever, he may have made one of the best science fiction movies ever, he made the best horror movie ever. I couldn’t watch the end of The Shining. I went through half The Shining for years before I could finish, because I’m a writer and as soon as he starts writing “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy,” I had to turn it off. It’s almost like Picasso in that he mastered so many different genres.

It’s also because he spent a lot of time in between each project, really fine-tuning each thing.
Ross: Yeah exactly, he took his time and patience and he had a crew of like 18 people. They were very handmade movies these were not large behemoths that he did; they were very thoughtful and his editing process was long. He’s kind of without peer really. If I was gonna settle on a director, probably Kubrick.

What’s interesting is, you shot this movie with a lot of close-ups. You chose an aesthetic and went with it. What was the motivation for that aesthetic and did you sort of tell the studio, ‘I’m planning on shooting it this way?’ or were they surprised when they saw the dailies?