Jennifer Lawrence spoke with The Guardian about The Hunger Games and her movie The Silver Linings Playbook.



The line’s crackling. Where are you?
I’m filming in Hawaii. But right now I’m eating doughnuts. I’ve just been inundated with doughnuts; it’s a perk of the job.
Moving on to other matters, Silver Linings Playbook has been named one of the Guardian’s best films of the year.
Well, thank you, that’s awesome. I’m a little taken aback. I should have prepared a speech. It’s a project I’m proud of. The cast and the crew gave it their all, working late nights, 15-hour days, trying to get it right. It was made with passion, that’s for sure.
What with your performances in Winter’s Bone, The Hunger Games and Serena, you’re becoming the poster-girl for nickel-and-dime America.
I know, but I’m just looking for interesting stories and strong characters. Maybe that’s where the good material is. Maybe that’s why I end up playing white-trash girls with too much responsibility.

When you took the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, did a part of you worry that the film might be so big it would get in the way of a creatively rewarding career?Yes, of course. I worried that it would be overwhelming and that no one would be able to see me as any other character. But I really cared about the movie. I’m as proud of The Hunger Games as I am any of the other films I’ve done.