The Hunger Games producer Nina Jacobson spoke with The Hollywood Reporter recently.
Moment I knew I wanted to work in the business: When I started film theory at Brown, and all I wanted to do was watch movies. I felt as excited as I ever did when I sat down in a movie theater.
Who gave me my first big break: Producer Lauren Shuler Donner. She agreed to meet me when I graduated from Brown and hired me to do free-lance research. Her office also let me know what jobs were becoming available at other companies, and I got a job with Joel Silver in 1987.
Toughest decision I had to make this year: Figuring out how to reload Hunger Games when Gary Ross left as director and make sure we chose the right person. It has turned out to be the right call to bring on Francis Lawrence.
When I leave work each day, I can’t wait to: Go home and see my kids, who are 14, 12 and 6.
My indulgence: I’m a binge television-watcher. I’ll watch an entire series on my iPad.
Can’t get through my workday without: Playing word games.
Most surprising song on my iPod: The soundtrack to Pitch Perfect.
Proudest moment this year The release of The Hunger Games.
Totally starstruck around Julie Andrews.
What I’d tell my 22-year-old self about working in Hollywood: “Don’t lose your confidence when things don’t go your way.”
Worst advice I’ve ever gotten: Someone told me once, “You can’t be a great mom and a kick-ass studio executive at the same time.” Not true.
Top three shows on my DVRGame of ThronesHomeland and Sons of Anarchy. I’m also intoNashville.
Source: hggirlonfire.com