Megan Hayes, who plays District Six female tribute spoke to Dread Central about filming Catching Fire and her experience.


DC: Can you talk about your experience on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and explain who the Morphlings are for those who don’t know?
MH: I don’t know how much I can say. I am the tribute from District Six. The morphlings are addicted to a drug called morphling – a pain killer that’s kind of a morphine-esque kind of drug. My experience on Hunger Games couldn’t have been better. I was embraced by everyone and had a fantastic experience. It was a really fun role to play; the director [Francis Lawrence] was incredibly kind but also incredibly smart and knew exactly what he wanted. It was a really ideal experience overall.
DC: How much better was craft services on The Hunger Games then on +1?
MH: Lemme tell ya’ about craft services on The Hunger Games. I really couldn’t partake of it that much because I was on a very strict diet where I had to lose and get to a very malnourished-looking weight. So, it looked great but I basically ate a lot of almonds and a lot of fruits and veggies and that was about it.

Source: Dread Central via. Hggirlonfire, Image via. Suzie Awards